About : Careers
We're Hiring! Currently GNYC has both full time and part time positions available
Position Description: District Executives lead, guide, and facilitate the efforts of hundreds of adult volunteers who carry out the Scouting mission in New York City area. It is the job of the District Executive to inspire, recruit, train, and support the BSA’s volunteers, while also working with community leaders and rallying public support for Scouting’s activities.
The District Executive is responsible for the overall growth, extension, quality, supervision and enhancement of the Scouting program within a specified borough.
- The effective organization, operation and promotion of the Scouting program within a selected borough, and responsible for the achievement of district objectives, including membership growth and fundraising.
- Organization and management of volunteer-led outdoor trips and program events for registered youth
- Giving staff guidance to the cultivation, recruitment, training, and inspiring of volunteer personnel for the district.
- Coordinating the work of the district’s volunteer personnel so that their efforts strengthen and extend the Scouting program offered by chartered organizations and related units.
- Organization of new groups and youth recruitment.
- Additional Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university
- Must have attained age 21
- People-oriented, having the ability to work well with adult volunteers, community and business leaders, and representatives of other organizations
- Should be organized, self-motivated and a team player
- Must live locally; field work and some travel required
- Valid NYS driver’s license required
- Some evening and weekend hours required
Location: Brooklyn, NY, United States
Posted by: Boy Scouts of America
Job Category: Sales, Advertising, Communications, Editing & Writing , Education & Training, Fundraising & Development, Management , Marketing, Project Management, Public Relations
Type: Full time
Starting salary is $42,000 and is commensurate with experience.
Full medical and dental benefits and 403(b) included.
Please email resume & cover letter to hiring manager at Liza.Hunte@scouting.org.
Position Description: The Program Specialist is responsible for implementing and supervising the Scouting Program in an after-school setting. In conjunction with our partner organization, Program Specialists will work directly with our youth members to teach them life skills including physical fitness, environmental conservation, active citizenship, and STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) awareness.
A passion for helping young people develop into responsible adults, and a high comfort-level for working directly with children are essential skills for this position.
• The effective operation and supervision of the Scouting program within selected public schools
• Willingness to learn weekly program content & deliver that content to our youth members
• Ability to commit to a weekly schedule of program from the months of September-May, with the opportunity for between four and ten hours of part-time work
• Coordinating weekly program content with professional staff members
• Ability to work in a team-setting with between two and four other program specialists
• High School degree
• Must be 18+
• Youth-oriented, having the ability to work well with children
• Should be organized, self-motivated and a team player
• Must live locally & be able to arrange transportation to and from program locations
• Boy or Girl Scouting experience a plus
• Available each week at least two days between 3-5pm Tuesday through Friday
Location: Dyker Heights & Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NY, United States
Posted by: Boy Scouts of America
Job Category: Program Delivery, Education & Training, Management
Type: Part Time- Compensation is $12 hourly, with up to ten hours available per week.
Area of Focus: Children and Youth, Community Building and Renewal, Community Service and Volunteering
Please email resume & cover letter to hiring manager at Neisha.Joseph@scouting.org.
Fall Internship Program
The Greater New York Councils, is seeking individuals for the 2015 fall internship program. Candidates that are interested should send a copy of their resume and cover letter to Neisha.Joseph@scouting.org
- -Currently enrolled college students
- -Interested in a career in the not-for-profit sector
- -Experience working with children is preferred
- -Willingness to travel throughout select borough
- -15 hours per week
- -12 week program (Oct-Dec 2015)
- -Flexible schedule depending on academic calendar
- -Professional work experience in dynamic not-for-profit
- -Learn functional skills in marketing, fundraising, public speaking and recruitment
- -Flexible schedule and resume-building experience
For additional information contact: Neisha.Joseph@scouting.org 212.651.2801